Important Information, Volunteer Qualifications, and Rules
The Kids’ Breakfast Club (TKBC) would not exist if it were not for the volunteers who come out and help with breakfast and the activities. The quality and the success of TKBC are based on the volunteers who come out each morning to help. In an effort to make sure everyone is informed about the rules and his/her responsibilities we ask you to read and follow all of the nonnegotiable rules and responsibilities for volunteers.
- All volunteers must be 14 years old and older. Volunteers younger than 14 years old must be from a federally recognized 501(c)3 organization, accompanied by a parent or an adult 18 years or older, and have made arrangements with TKBC staff two weeks in advance.
- All volunteers must be able to work and get along with culturally, economically, ethnically, racially, and linguistically diverse populations.
Rules and Regulations
- Have no felony convictions or pending felony court actions.
- TKBC requires all volunteers be fingerprinted by the Hayward Police Department. Ask TKBC staff for more information about fingerprinting.
- Be on time! See and read schedule closely because volunteer start times change. Saturday Academy at Glassbrook Elementary School volunteer start time is 7:00AM and volunteer stop time is 11:00AM. Saturday Academy At Burbank Elementary School volunteer start time is 7:30AM and volunteer stop time is 11:00AM. Volunteers who arrive after program start time will be sent home.
- Keep track of your volunteer hours. The Kids’ Breakfast Club administers and keeps volunteer applications however volunteers must keep track of their own hours served on their own calendar.
- As representatives of TKBC, it is very important that all volunteers maintain a professional appearance. Casual wear, including nice jeans, is considered appropriate attire. Sagging pants and sweat pants are not allowed. Shorts are acceptable in the summer, but they should be of a style and length appropriate for the wearer and suitable for a public, professional environment. Dress neat, clean, and professional. These are non-negotiable dress codes and any TKBC staff will evaluate each individual for appropriate dress. Individuals who are dressed inappropriately will be sent home immediately.
- Closed-toed shoes are required. No slippers, sandals, and flats.
- Leave valuables at home.
- Cell phones must be put on silent.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently and work in teams.
- Volunteers must be flexible and willing to perform a variety of tasks such as: cooking, cleaning, taking out trash, and greeting kids and their families.
- Inappropriate language and swearing are not tolerated.
- TKBC staff can and will send home any volunteer who does not practice high levels of responsibility, accountability, and professionalism.
- The Kids’ Breakfast Club does not permit volunteers to take photographs during program activities.
- A letter confirming volunteer credit hours can be provided upon request and upon successful completion of volunteer hours.
- Smoking is prohibited at all TKBC sites.
- Volunteers are responsible for maintaining an orderly and clean work environment.